No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Thornfield Camping Cabins is set in a picturesque landscape and rural setting between the border city of Carlisle and Caldbeck on the edge of the Lake District National Park. Karen and Andrew have welcomed clients since July 2016 and along with their team, they aim to provide you with a warm welcome and a pleasant stay; and if you wish to bring your well-behaved dog – your four legged friends too! Providing high quality, affordable and warm year-round self catering accommodation with home from home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting, a real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by woodlands, walks, a range of wildlife and extensive rural views.
Our Promise to You!
- A passion to create an outdoor haven; sympathetic to the natural environment for our guests to enjoy while staying in quality, quirky, affordable accomodation with home-from-home comforts.
- Provide a fantastic place to stay, with stunning views; bringing peace and relaxation.
- Think of the little things for our guests; a warm welcome to everyone enabling our guests to feel they are with friends.
New for the 2020 Season
Budget cabin – Ideal for 1-night stays
Due to popular demand for one night stays we are bringing in an additional cabin called the “Stable pod” – not en-suite. Quirky in design, cosy and comfortable; highly insulated with a panel heater. Sleeping a maximum of two adults; this could be the perfect solution for short stay restrictions in your plans possibly due to walking the Cumbria Way, cycling Lands’ End to John O’Groats or a midway overnight stop en-route North or South. The cost per night for 2 persons is £50 with 10% discount for single occupants. The cabin does not benefit from the beautiful views of the main site as it is located to the left of our stable-garage-utility area and behind our bungalow. The toilet and shower facilities are only a short walk away along the path in the rear of the utility room. It is preferred that you provide you own bedding – sleeping bags but if you are travelling light then you can add this on for £15.
The accommodation briefly comprises of:
- Caravan style bed set up where you close up the gap in the seating area to make your bed.
- Kitchenette area with 2 hob rings, sink, combination microwave-grill, fridge, kettle, toaster and all crockery and cutlery and pans required for two persons.
New Utility / Shower Room
We are well on our way with the creation of our new utility room which will be a fantastic addition to our onsite facilities. Providing all our guests with additional fridge and freezer storage space, washing machine and tumble dryer facilities and also a sink for washing off the muddy boots. To the rear of the utility room we will have a large shower room which is predominantly for those staying in the stable pod but also for the occasional tent camper.
Electric Vehicle Charging Points
We are installing (Initially two charging points) in the car park area; therefore, you don’t need to worry about heading to a rural area and not being able to find appropriate charging facilities.
Note: We hope to have these new facilities in place for some time after Easter. Please keep following us on facebook for updates or drop us an email for further information.
In total there are 6 Luxury en-suite Glamping PODS:
2 x (Extra Large) PODS – Fox & Badger (with the option to add on a 6 seater hot tub)
- Full bathroom-separate shower cubicle, toilet and sink.
- Underfloor heating, a country style kitchen with a belfast sink.
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one kingsize bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- Includes the use of either a one or two ring portable induction hob with pans – available on request.
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Badger Pod – No dogs accepted. Please read our terms and conditions regarding breach of the pet free rule!
4 x (Large) PODS – Pheasant, Owl, Deer & Squirrel (with the option to add on a 4 seater hot tub)
- En-suite wet room (Includes, shower, toilet & sink)
- Underfloor heating
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one double bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster (Please note: No hob / rings)
- Crockery and Cutlery
Contact us today to book your perfect getaway!Thornfield Camping Cabins was last modified: April 14th, 2020 by The Canine Directory
Sizzling Summer Deal
For all stays during July & August we offer everyone who books a hot tub with a (4 – night stay or more when arriving on a Monday) the cost of the hot tub at £72.00. Providing you with a discount of £36.00. Enter discount code: 4NIGHTHOTTUB at the end of your booking form. (All stays must be taken by 31st August). Please Note: Only one discount code can be used with a booking at any one time (except for bookings for 5 nights or more then you receive 10% off your accommodation cost.
Winter Special Offers - Extended up to 31.05.20
Available from October to end of March. Extended for 2020 to end of May on all stays taken before the end of May. (Excludes Christmas, New Year & Bank Holidays)
3 NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF 2 - Enter discount code: 3NIGHTSFOR2
HOT TUB OFFER - REDUCED RATE OF £72 SAVING £36 (2 nights minimum stay)
Enter discount code: TWONIGHTHOTTUB at the end of your booking form.